Monday, January 25, 2016

The Road Called Life

January has been amazing. A great way to begin this year. I did something I thought I could never learn--drive! I had always been content being a passenger all my life and just left the driving to Dad, Mom, Kuks, and now Rey--who gave me driving lessons as a Christmas present. He enrolled me in a short 5-hour course. Looking back, I realized how "fear" had kept me from doing more. I was always afraid of this, afraid of that... Too many what if's. It's true regret comes in the end, when too much time had already been wasted. When mistakes and wrong turns can no longer be undone. But then, life is not a straight road. It does not run in straight lines. It is a combination of rough and smooth ways. One only needs to follow the path that is right, no matter how bumpy the road gets. Driving is not about knowing where to go all the time. We get lost. We get scared. Driving is about trust. It's about Faith. Though I know how to drive now, I know I'm not not behind the wheel. He is. And that's how I know I'll get to where I need to go. I am in the best hands, and all will be well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment